SOCIAL MEDIA

26.8.18

Back to School 

-Life's First Moments- 

This post is in partnership with The Clorox Company as part of the Clorox Influencer program, as always all opinions are my own.


It all started when I printed out the school supplies list for my official 1st grader. Where the heck did the summer go? I could totally swear we were just at the splash pad and hitting up the pool like it was our job. My baby is now officially a 1st grader and this mama wasn't ready! Now if you ask her, her answer is completely different.


Sometimes I can't help but to think about all the what ifs, I want to protect her and keep her safe all the time. Knowing that being around other children can mean sick days, they are kids and constantly sharing hugs and school supplies. Although I know I cannot control her every move, I do know that by doing my best to teach her to always wash her hands, to use Clorox Disinfecting Wipes to wipe down surfaces that she or others may touch and to cover her mouth when coughing — is a great way to keep up with less sick days, which lead to more happy days and more morning kisses.


According to a recent Clorox Survey, 44% of parents say walking their kids to the bus stop was the most emotional part of the first day of school. So of course, the morning of her first day, I was an emotional mess, I still managed to wake up early and pack up her lunch. Side note: My disinfecting wipes came in super handy as I wiped down the surface and made sure it was nice and clean. As soon as I walked into her room and turned the lights on I couldn't hold back the tears, this was just the beginning of a beautiful journey that awaits her and I was going to be right behind her the whole way through. As always she was super excited and made sure to inform me that she had already picked out her outfit and had a few thoughts about the way she wanted her hair styled. Girl slow down because I can't keep up with all these emotions (hello pregnancy hormones).


All the tears were so worth it when she came home and told us all about her first day of school and all the new little friends she made. 


As a mom, I have really learned to appreciate all the teachers and all the hard work they put into everyday learning experiences. Which is why I am putting together a special Teacher Appreciation Package for her new teacher once the cold and flu season creep up on us, it will be filled with lots of cleaning and disinfecting goodies from Clorox

You can join Clorox with me in supporting Donorschoose.org which allows teachers across America to create projects and request resources students need to enable first moments in their classrooms. For every $5 spent on qualifying Clorox products purchased, your earn a $1 reward and The Clorox Company will donate $1 to classrooms in need through Donorschoose.org

To make a donation directly, visit Donorschoose.org where teachers post requests for materials and experiences to enhance their classrooms. Anyone can choose a project to fund and by donating to a project with The Clorox Company dollar-for-dollar match offer, donors double the impact of their donation. You can also visit this link to donate. 


Happy crying mamas and dads! Enjoy your child's first day of school, I know I was sad but also really excited to see all the new things she would learn and for her to start a new chapter in her development. 


Back-to-School with Clorox makes life a little less scary and more room for clean and happy families! For more information, check out Cloroxforschools.com

xo, Romelia 

Clorox - website
Clorox - instagram
Clorox - facebook
Clorox - twitter
Clorox - pinterest
Clorox - youtube



Post a Comment