SOCIAL MEDIA

13.1.20

Make-ahead French Toast


Happy 2020! I am so excited for this new year, I have been doing lots of brainstorming and setting goals for myself. One of those goals is to meal prep more often and with that reduce the rush every morning. Getting breakfast on the table every busy morning can be tough. Insert: Make-ahead french toast! 

Over on my Instagram stories I share breakfast and lunch ideas for my family quite often and I always get requests for the recipes. Especially this yummy time-saving make-ahead french toast! We usually make these on Sunday evening or Monday morning, helping us save time throughout the week. By we I do mean the kids also, they love helping to make and prep our food and it encourages them to eat everything. 


5 TIPS TO GET BREAKFAST ON THE TABLE EVERY MORNING 

1. Calm the heck down
stress and irritation does not help things run smoothly so calm down, make sure to start your                               morning with a positive attitude and give yourself enough time (plus wiggle room, we use the shit out of our wiggle room. Ha!).

2. Make a VISUAL breakfast menu
a menu for every meal of the day helps me save time and stress. I personally love making visuals for just about everything so I have found that when you have a menu on your fridge with everything listed it saves me time and it eliminates the temptation to get distracted at other things if I were to pull up a list on my phone. 

3. Make-ahead breakfast 
I can't tell you how amazing it is to just take food out of the freezer and heat it up super quick and  head out the door on-time! Your significant other can help with that while you add a load of laundry. It's a win win! 

4. Rotate foods
I personally don't think you have to get super fancy with breakfast, there are so many yummy nutritional options that don't require so many steps of elaborate ingredients. rotate your foods around add a few different fruit options and include your families favorites. 

5. Take time for yourself every morning
this is one of my new years resolution, typical- I know! I don't do this as often as I would like but I do notice that the days I do give myself 15-30 minutes to myself before the kids wake up, makes a huge difference in my entire day! 

Make-ahead French toast

 

Ingredients:

-1 dozen eggs 
-1 texas toast bread loaf
-2 tsp vanilla extract 
-2 tbsp of cinnamon + extra to drizzel
-butter 
-1 tbsp of sugar 
-1cup of milk give or take (I never measure, oops)

Materials:
-Gallon ziplock bag
-Baking sheet
-Griddle 

Directions:



-Start by preheating your griddle, I set mine at 375.

-Then start mixing your ingredients in a shallow dish. Add eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Mix well with a fork and ready! 

-Dip your bread in the mixture and onto the griddle (after adding butter your griddle and waiting 2 min for it to heat up)

-Flip at the 3-5 minute mark, cook on both sides until golden brown. Set aside

-After all your bread is made, set on baking sheet and let completely cool for 10-15 minutes then slice into three sections and add them to a gallon size ziplock bag and pop them straight into your freezer! For best quality use within 1 to 2 months. 


Tip: You can line your ziplock bag with parchment paper for a crisper texture. 

What are your favorite make-ahead breakfasts? I would love to hear in the comments below! :)



1 comment :

  1. Now THIS recipe excites me! How do you reheat yours? We're kind of fond of a little crispy exterior.

    ReplyDelete