SOCIAL MEDIA

22.1.19

Bringing Baby Home -Life's First Moments-


December 26, 2018 12:13 am - I was in bed on my phone scrolling through Instagram because at this point in pregnancy I just couldn't really sleep anymore. I tried to switch sides and as I slowly moved, my water broke!

This post is in partnership with The Clorox Company as part of the Clorox Influencer program. As always, all opinions are my own.



On our way to the hospital all I could think about was keeping our little baby safe and healthy, because let's be real - we are in the middle of Cold and Flu season which means that flu activity is on the rise and I'm about to give birth! Two weeks before our baby was born, I was up all night with my oldest. Unfortunately she had the latest bug at school and as much as I tried to keep the germs out of our household, they made it home. It started with a mild tummy ache that later turned into a low fever and chills. Protecting my family during these times is essential to me so taking the right steps to make sure the icky bug runs its course without taking anyone else down is crucial.


Preventing the Spread of Germs at Home

Trying to stay ahead of Cold & Flu germs can feel like a full-time job which is why I believe taking preventive steps is just as important to help keep colds and the Flu at bay.

  • Wash Hands Frequently: Wash hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds (for us this usually means singing our favorite song, Baby Shark).
  • Disinfect Germ Hot Spots: Use a disinfectant approved to kill Cold and Flu viruses, like Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes, to wipe the surfaces touched most frequently (for us these surfaces are: doorknobs, light switches, faucets, plastic toys, and the changing table). Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes kill 99.9% of germs including viruses that cause colds and Flu and also kill Staph, E. Coli, Salmonella and Strep. 
  • Do the Elbow Cough: Teaching our kids to cough and sneeze into their elbows instead of their hands to help prevent the spread of germs by touch is super important.
  • Follow Good Health Guidelines: Eat right, be active and get plenty of sleep to help boost your body's ability to fight the effects of colds and the Flu.

Clean Matters 

Prevention can also start at day care or the classroom. I believe in helping to support my kid's teachers staying healthy this season, too, by gifting them a care package of wipes and cold remedies at the start of the year. Giving them the opportunity to disinfect in the classroom can help keep nasty germs from heading home with the kids. It's also important to us because, if you have been following my blog, you know that back in September, I shared about a program called DonorsChoose.org, which allows teachers across America to create projects and request resources students need. To make a donation directly, visit DonorsChoose.org where teachers post requests for materials and experiences to enhance their classrooms. Anyone can choose to fund and The Clorox Company will match their offer dollar-for-dollar, allowing donors to double the impact of their donation.


First Day at Home 

Luckily, we were able to get right back on track before the birth of baby Aréi all thanks to taking the right disinfection steps using Clorox products. According to insights from a consumer survey*, 44% of parents say the thing they remember most about dealing with their kids' first cold or Flu was feeling helpless, worrying what to do. As a parent, I can totally relate to this feeling. We want to nurture and protect our children from everything at all times, especially during an illness or tough times. 46% of parents say cleaning and disinfecting is priority for stopping the spread of classroom illnesses. 



We were discharged from the hospital on December 28, 2018. Going home was absolutely perfect for us! Our kids were anxiously waiting and they were so excited to finally snuggle and hold their new baby. I was so happy that our family was all healthy and feeling great because now I didn't have to restrict anyone from getting near the baby. Becoming a family of 6 was the highlight of 2018, we all waited for this first moment with so much love and anticipation. 


Enjoy a sneak peek at Aréi's fresh 48 photos, and stay tuned for more to come.





-----------------------
Fresh 48 Photos


Post a Comment