SOCIAL MEDIA

24.11.18

THIRD TRIMESTER WITH BLOOMLIFE

Thank you Bloomlife for sponsoring this post, content and all opinions expressed are my own.


With my first pregnancy, I remember going into the hospital like 5 times before I was actually in labor. The nurses asked if I was having regular contractions and although I was so silly as to think that a little cramping here and there were contractions, it would have been nice to know that I could keep track all of that valuable information on my phone with the help of Bloomlife




Lets rewind a little... My oldest was born one day before my due date, with this being said, we went over to the hospital pretty early into labor because we were all freaking out and didn't know what to do. haha. When I got to the hospital, they asked me all the basic things including how far apart and for how long was I contracting for. Of course I gave my best estimate because like I mentioned above, I wasn't keeping track. 

Then came pregnancy number two. Although I didn't consider myself an expert, I had the basic understanding of what it actually felt like to have contractions and saved myself some trips to the hospital. Until I was 38 weeks and my water broke unexpectedly while I was doing a load of laundry and was getting ready to pack my hospital bag. It wasn't the way I would of expected my water to brake, (hence all the movies and tv shows) it was much more smoother than that and it happened in sections. Which was the reason that I was able to finish my load of laundry and pack my hospital bag.  At this point it had been 2 hours since my water broke and I was well convinced that I need to head out so my hubby came home and we left to bring baby brother into this world.

Fast forward a little to my third pregnancy... oh miss Avie Lou, always so determined to do as she pleases even now! I was 36 weeks and 4 days pregnant when I started to feel some contractions and back pain. I brushed it off for 2 days until my midwife suggested I go in and get checked, well to our surprise, I was already dilated 5cm and was officially in active labor. Woah! I would have never thought I was in labor because the pain was totally bearable, it wasn't excruciating or anything, more like it made me uncomfortable. At this point in my pregnancy I would have loved to been able to use Bloomlife.




Bloom life  is the world's first clinically validated wearable contraction monitor. Expecting moms including myself, love Bloomlife because it provides us with better, easier to interpret, information about our bodies and serves as a trusted second opinion for piece of mind and confident decision making. Bloomlife is focused on improving the health of moms and babies by giving them better, more personalized information at their fingertips for a simpler, healthier and more empowered pregnancy.


How it works:

There are three parts to the Bloomlife Tracker: app, sensor, reusable patch

Sensor and patch can be reused for up to one week or until the patch begins to loose its stick. It also comes with a battery that hold life pretty well but is recommended to charge fully each time the sensor is snapped out of the patch.

You download the app in the app store to start recording data but it will not work without the sensor and patch.



Once completely charged, you place the patch and monitor 3 fingers below you're belly button. 


Why I love Bloomlife

Bloom life is non-invasive and measures uterine activity with electrophysiology (the same technology used when doctors measure your heart rhythm with EKG). Making it 100% passive and does not send any energy into the body. It has passed both FCC and CE certification well below the standards and proven to be safe for continuous use. 


When should you get Bloomlife 

Most moms life to get Bloomlife for the last 6-8 weeks of pregnancy to learn from and connect with their body while they prepare for labor. I am currently 33 weeks pregnant and have been using my monitor for the past week, I have been really feeling those Braxton Hicks this time around. Although Bloomlife can detect Braxton Hicks, it cannot, at the moment, classify Braxton Hicks vs. labor contractions but the contraction pattern bar allows you to quickly see regularity of contractions.

Where can you get Bloomlife 

Bloom life is available through the Bloomlife website - www.bloomlife.com You can request immediate shipping or reserve for a specific shipment date later in your pregnancy. 

Bloom life is a $20 per week rental but for my community you can use code RR10 to receive 10% off weekly rentals. 

It's been so nice to have a little more piece of mind and I know bloomlife will play a huge role in my decision making when the time comes to head out and bring our baby into the world. 

xoxo, Romelia 


1 comment :

  1. Fertility Centre in Chennai Pregnancy one of the sensitive time period where you are in need to take care of yourself very carefully as well there is a need for enormous amount of energy which involves the consumption of calcium and proteins in order to meet up with the nutrient supplements required by the fetus.

    ReplyDelete